Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday morning

Lol...I forgot to put a post up for the girls blog - we have tons of pics from this weekend. I'll work on that at some point I swear!

It's Monday morning and my dad has made it through yet another night. I just came out from seeing him and he looks good. Sure there are machines and tubes and beeps (and did I mention it just brings back soooo many memories of the one place we swore we left behind forever? The NICU). His night nurse is a male and his name is Jude. He's been awesome since my dad got here Friday night. He's the kind of nurse anyone would want in a situation like this. If I thought I could multitask - this guy can really do it all. I'd put any amount of $ on the fact that he could handle the trio without incident!!!! LOL We'll just keep him here though and let him take care of my dad.

I'm torn - I need to go to work but I don't want to leave. Every time I leave my dad's side I have to say goodbye all over again. And it's a forever goodbye because I'm not sure he's going to be there when I get back from wherever I go. It hurts. My heart is broken like never before.

When I pray for my dad's life I feel as though I'm being selfish. I want him to live for us. But I'm not sure he would want to live for himself in this situation. That doesn't stop me from wishing him better. People in these situations tell loved one's it's ok to leave them. Not me. I tell him he better come home.

Peter and I made a pact last night that if my dad wakes up and doesn't remember anything or doesn't know any better - we're going to tell him he loves the Yankees. We're gonna buy him a bunch of Yankees gear and say it was his before all this happened. ;-)

Best I can do is keep moving forward. It's the best any of us can do. Joey and Peter are still sleeping on the couch. I'll get a picture of our ICU camp out soon. It's actually pretty cozy. Not because of the accommodations but because of the bond between us.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, My love and prayers for all of you. Your Dad is a good person and has been there for me when I was younger. I hold dear very fond and fun memories from when I lived there. It seems we were always together for any and all holidays. Death is not the end of life as you know and we all will be going to live eternal lives. Our mortal bodies suffer from age and soon give out. God will grant him peace! I love you all and have each and everyone of you in my prayers. Good things come from bad situations and the togetherness you are writing about is for sure one of them. Be there for each other, remember the good times and love one another as Pete would want you to do.

    ReplyDelete