Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm Sorry

"I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. How are you?" How can we answer this? We get that you are trying to be nice and you probably don't know what to say. But we can't tell you we're 'fine' because we're not. I would prefer to ignore the question all together (hence the lack of return phone calls/texts/emails). But when face to face with someone - it's hard to ignore. So how are we really? We're holding our own...by holding each other. We're calling each other a lot. We're getting together more often. This morning I had to text Pete from the parking lot at work...I didn't want to come inside. I didn't want to face the questions, sad looks & sympathy hugs. I didn't want to go back to 'normal' when life isn't normal. But I did. And so did Peter. And so did Joey. And so did Andy. And so did Amanda. Amanda started a new job yesterday. Add that to the fact that she's in the middle of a divorce, had to move herself and Christina home after being gone for 3 years, becoming a single mom and then 2 days after she comes home - Dad ends up in the hospital only to pass away 8 days later.

The point is that we're moving forward. Not forgetting. Just moving. And what comes of it who knows. We've been changed forever. And forever is a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment