Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Changes

I slept home last night...and it figures that the girls slept until almost 7:30 this morning. We all needed it - that's for sure. Hailey ended up in our bed - she wins. I talked to Joey @ 2:00 and then again at 3:30 this morning. He said they brought in a machine to feed my father. I guess I never thought about food this point. But that's cool.

When I got up this morning I checked in with Peter and then got a call from Amanda - they took my dad off his sedation and are going to try to wake him up today. This is a huge change from yesterday when they told us to leave him be and not try to get him to wake up. But now - they are waking him up even though he still has the breathing tube. They don't know what kind of condition he'll wake up in. And it will take some time for him to wake up due to how long he's been sedated.

It's scary because who knows what kind of condition he is going to be in. Will he know us? Will he know himself? Will he know what's going on? Will he have any brain damage? If so how much? Lots of questions...no answers. We'll keep everyone updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment