Monday, April 19, 2010

LB

Little Brother now has the 'bug'. As did/does everyone else...except me. I didn't get it. Yet. You know when I'll get it? As soon as I walk into work for the 1st time in 2 weeks. That's when. And then I'll have to turn right back around and pray I can drive home without stopping the car to throw up on the side of the road. This 'bug' is taking it's toll on everyone it hits. LB isn't one to complain but he says he's weak and tired. I guess after throwing up and having diarrhea for 12 hours straight...it would make me tired too. Wait...it WILL make me tired. I'm smart enough to know that I didn't dodge this bullet. I'm also smart enough to wait until everyone else has had it so I get the maximum amount of sympathy! LOL

Yesterday LB was leaving at the same time as we were. He said 'I'm not ready to go back to normal.' I tell him 'I'm not either - but we're never going to be normal again. This is our new normal. This is our new life. We've changed.' And it sucks. None of us wanted this change. None of was ready for this change. But here it is. Change isn't always for the better. Sometimes change is damaging. This change we've been dealt - is damaging to the heart and soul.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, The circumstances sucked for our trip out there. It never should be a reason to travel to see your loved ones. Getting caught up in the day to day, week to week, month to month and before you know year to year! I feel like I climb out of a time capsule everytime I can get home. I am grateful I was able to travel and to bring Cordell and Samantha. They do not know my side of the family like I wish they could. It just sucks it took a tragedy for it to happen. I think of all of you often and I miss being in Connecticut on a daily basis. Thanks for sharing, Roger

    ReplyDelete