Sunday, April 11, 2010

Arrangments

We went out last night. We had fun. We laughed. We cried. We shared our pain and sorrow with people we know and don't know. This past week was rough and now we have to find a way to pick up the pieces and move forward. With each other. For each other.

Funeral arrangements have to be made. I woke up and went down to talk to Little Brother. So many plans have to be made in so little time. I don't know where to begin. I've never had to plan a funeral before. Joey said 'I'm only 23! I don't know how to book a funeral!' LOL I laughed so hard.......

Pick out a casket, vault (you need a vault for the casket...who knew?), flowers, prayers, newspapers, a place to gather, caterer, food, cemetery, plot, tombstone...there's more but I can't think of it. I can't imagine my mom having to do all of this. I'm glad I have brothers and a sister so we can do it for her.

The wake will be Wed night from 4 - 7 and the funeral will be Thursday. Not sure of a time...more details to follow.

I've been blogging about this so we could keep family/friends updated on his progress. Our phones didn't work well in the ICU so this blog was our form of communication. We have a lot more readers that have joined us in our journey. We're thankful for that. It has been a journey we never wanted to embark upon but this is what we've been handed. We'll continue to blog about our progress. Our progress of healing - or learning how to heal. It will be something that will never be complete. How can you complete a healing process?

No comments:

Post a Comment