Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 5

Well Hannah & Hailey were up again last night. They woke up screaming at 11:00. I gave them a few minutes and then went and got them both. Pete got up with me and we held them for a few minutes then brought them downstairs to change their diapers. I can't figure out why they're getting up. There's nothing 'wrong'. I know this because they quiet right down as soon as we pick them up. So we put them back in their cribs after they're changed and of course they're crying. I can hear Hannah calling for her bear - she threw it out of her crib. So I ask Pete to go in and pick it up for her. He comes back to bed...with both babies. I'm like 'what the hell?' He said Hailey was so angry that she was banging her head against the crib. She does that when she's mad - doesn't matter what kind of bruise it leaves...she'll just keep doing it over and over and over again. So we calm them down and then put them back in their cribs. We decide the only reason they're crying is because they want to sleep in our bed. That's NOT happening. Hannah cried - scratch that - she screamed for the next 7 minutes straight. 7 minutes is a very long time when your baby is screaming 'mama! mama! mama!' It kills me. But I'm not letting them sleep in our bed. They finally fell asleep for the rest of the night at 12:39am. That's 1 hr and 39 minutes.

Pete and I fell asleep around 1:00 after this little fiasco. Then my phone vibrates at 2:00am. It's not good. My little brother text me to say that my dad is in the hospital. He fell in the middle of the night and broke his ankle in 3 places. They had to call an ambulance and he's having surgery in the morning (this was all last night so we're already post surgery now). I have a conversation via text with my brother for the next 20 minutes. I finally fall asleep around 3:00am.

Our feet hit the floor at 6:00am. My mom calls to tell me about my dad - she doesn't realize that Joey had already told me in the middle of the night. I tell her to keep me posted on what's going on. Pete and I bring the kids downstairs and he actually changes them and gets their milk this morning so I can go right upstairs to shower. I get ready and come back downstairs and Pete goes up to get ready. Donna is here. She was sick Monday and came today instead. She's a God send - I can get other things done while she keeps the girls busy. And they just adore her. I get the girls dressed for the day (and do their hair!). Emily goes up to Donna and says 'uh oh' because she doesn't have a ponytail sticking up from the top of her head. Lol - it was funny.

Pete's mom is coming here today so we don't have to get the girls in the car. We just hang out here until it's time to leave for work.

Work - comes and goes. I get a text from my mom at 10:00 saying that my dad is going in for surgery. I meet my brother Peter at the mall for lunch - he's buying me lunch for my bday. I get back work just in time to hear that my dad is finally out of surgery and in recovery but my mom won't be able to see him until later in the afternoon. Pete and I don't really talk much over email - we were both really busy today. Some stuff about the girls really. My friend Jenn came to visit them this morning and then Kristin came and stayed with them the rest of the day so Pete's mom could go home.

I leave work at 5:00 and get home at 5:30. All 3 are at the door waiting for me. I love seeing this. It melts my heart. But as soon as I get in - I know we're in for it. Hannah is just a bear. They all only slept an hour and 1/2 today - that's 1/2 the time they've been sleeping. Pete has dinner ready so we feed them and they play with their ketchup. Hannah decides she wants to use the ketchup as body paint tonight. Good thing it's bath night. They finish eating and we give them a bath, get them in their pj's, brush teeth, read books and in their cribs. Hannah is flipping out. It takes her 25 minutes to calm down and go to sleep.

Pete and I clean up in the kitchen and then since Kristin was still here - we decided to go do some errands. I had to go to the bank to make a deposit (I do my banking thru the ATM so I don't have to worry about their hours) & I needed to get gas in my van. I also did some of the girls laundry. I still hadn't washed their jackets.

Oh - the dryer made some weird noise last night...we think the belt is going but not too sure. We have a guy coming tomorrow to look at a baseboard heater in our kitchen that's not working - so I'm just going to ask him to look at the dryer while he's here.

Pete and I decided together that if the girls wake up tonight and we have to get them - we're not going to bring them in our bedroom. We'll change them if they need it but then they're going right back to bed. We don't ususally get them when they wake up but this past week has been unusual for them for some reason.

I have tomorrow off. I took it off thinking that Pete had the whole day off. But he doesn't. He only took 1/2 the day so he could meet the guy to fix the heater. Oh well. I'll have fun here with the girls! Hopefully we sleep tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment