Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 10

Day 10 is brought to you by daddy. Today started at 6 am. Got to get up and no fooling around today the girls go to my parents house. We got everything ready on Sunday so it was no problem. The girls were on the road by 7:15am. After Michelle left with the girls I called my mom, wished her a happy birthday (today is her birthday) and told her the girls are on their way. Then I jump in the shower and get dressed for work. I picked out clean crib sheets and placed them on the cribs so I can change them when I get home. I go downstairs and empty the trash, pick up their toys, and have a bowl of cheerios. It's now 7:55am where does time go, no time to make lunch today I need to get to work. I grab my phone and jump in my car. Luckily I am only 5 minutes from work. I get to work in record time, pour myself a cup of coffee and log in to my computer. A few minutes later I decide to go get a bagel with cream cheese from the cafe. Not much happening this morning, I email Michelle, and surf the Internet (shh don't tell). I go to McDonald's for lunch. Some might say nasty, I say tasty. The girls had a great morning they had a yummy breakfast and went outside and played for an hour. At about 2 I call to check on the girls and Emily woke up from her nap with tiny bumps on her legs. I ask what she had to eat and she didn't have anything new so I tell my mom to watch it and I'll call to check in a little bit. I am now totally freaking out on the inside. What can it be, I start thinking of all the places we took them over the weekend and try to think what they had to eat the passed few days. My mind is spinning this is "Baby Cakes" what is going on. I email Michelle to let her know what is going on she replies with a few questions that I didn't think of like did my mom change their cloths and she is reacting to the different detergent. Of course I get busy at work as all this is happening my anxiety level is super high now. I need to call my mom but my work phone keeps ringing. I talk to my mom and now the rash is on her face, back, and legs. I go over everything they ate, touched, and wore with her and there is nothing new so I am lost as to what it could be from. Emily likes to put everything in her mouth so I am thinking all kinds of things. Michelle called me and we decide to keep an eye on it. I start to relax when my mom calls me and says we should bring her to the doctor because now she has redness behind her ears and her nose is red. I don't ask about the significance of this I just take it as my mom knows what she is talking about and I call Michelle and tell her we need to take Emily to the doctor. She calls the doctor and goes to my parents house to get Emily. I call my mom and tell her to have Emily ready its 4 and she needs to be at the doctor at 4:30. I leave work at 4:15 and head to my mom's. Hailey and Hannah are playing in the hallway with cars that look like animals. Michelle and Emily come back from the doctor, its just a virus. We pack 'em up and head for home. We feed them, bath them, and put them to bed. A little late tonight we really wanted to give them a bath so it was 7 when we put them to bed. Oh and the crib sheets...I just put them aside I'll change them tomorrow.

1 comment: