Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 23

The girls slept all night last night ;-))))

Our feet hit the floor at 7:00 this morning! The girls not only slept all night but they slept for 13 hours straight. I love them for this right now...lol. We didn't have to work today because the girls had their 18 mo well baby visit. Yes - we're 2 months behind but it's ok.

We all got up, ate breakfast and took our time getting ready. We didn't have to be out the door until 9:15. We made it out on time and got to the doctors office right when we were suppose to. This is a minor miracle as you can see how often we run on time.

The appt went well. The girls had their flu vaccine and one other vaccine. We held off on the varicella and MMR again. No need to rush these since they're not in daycare. They only cried for a minute after their shots...I had a plan. It was a plan that was well thought out...

You see - 2 weeks ago I 'introduced' the girls to a yummy little thing called Dum Dum lollipops. It didn't take long at all for them to know that this would be the yummiest of yummy. So today - after their shots I pulled out a 'pop pop' for each one of them and would you believe there was complete silence...followed by happy little purring children? They even said 'bye bye' to the doctor as she was leaving! I love when a plan works out well.

Then it was home for lunch. The girls slept for 1/2 hour on the way home so napping was out of the question.

I had to leave for school at 3:30 and Pete took over the trio by himself from that point on. He claims it went well...and since the house wasn't in shambles when I came home...I tend to believe him. The girls went down at 5:00 for the night since they didn't take their usual long nap today.

I got home from school and Little Brother was here cooking dinner...love it! Now it's time for Pete and I to get some shut eye. I have tomorrow off and Pete has 1/2 day. We're gonna have some fun with babies!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment