Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 22

The girls slept all night for Uncle Joey! So he says...hmmm.

Pete and I got home and all was under control!! That's why you gotta love having a little brother like mine ;-)

Girls took a 2 hour nap and when they woke up Pete and I decided we needed to get out of the house. It's raining and cold though. So we headed to the mall. They have a Disney Store and the girls LOVE it. When they see the big Mickey face on the outer part of the store they get sooo excited.

We get to the mall and I change their diapers so they're nice and dry while we walk around. We have them in the wagon - there's too many people to let them out and run around since they don't hold hands. We stop for a pretzel...and the comments/questions start right away. For some reason today - it seemed like an unusual # of people asking their names. I don't get it. Why on earth would you want to know what we named our children? You won't remember when you leave here! But it's one of the many questions we get asked. I am usually tolerant and pleasant for a while. When I start getting irritated I know it's time to go. Here's a list of questions people ask on a regular basis: (and answers that I'd LOVE to give....but don't)
What are their names? (Why do you care?)
Are they identical? (Why does it matter?)
Are they natural? (What business is it of yours?)
Did you have help? (to which I usually respond "my husband had a lot to do with it!")
How do you do it? (really? You have that much time???? Cuz I'll tell ya.........)
Can I take a picture? (This I really do answer NO)

And comments people say - some direct and some in passing:
Wow! You have your hands full!(I always say "and my heart too")
Oh...that one is different (while pointing at Emily)
God Bless you! (I say "He already did")
Better you than me!
I can't even imagine!
Oh - another Jon and Kate huh? (this one REALLY irritates me)

Oh - and little while ago we took the girls to the Big E and a passer by said to me "That's a bit much don't you think?" with a look of disgust on his face at the girls in the wagon. I didn't reply. I figured it wasn't worth it.

This is what Pete and I go through on EVERY SINGLE TRIP WE MAKE - the grocery store, the mall, Walmart, Target...you name it. We take the girls everywhere we go. That's how we roll. And some days are easier than others. And some people are nicer than others. We'll never stop taking them - and I'm sure the comments will get fewer as the girls get older. The wagon does attract a lot of attention - how couldn't it? It's freakin adorable...even I know that.

We go through the mall - hit a few stores, spend a little bit of $ and then make our way to the Disney Store. We let the girls out of the wagon to go through the store...and they have a blast! Emily picked up a Mickey doll that was bigger than her and was carrying it around like she owned it. The best part of the store? We get to leave everything there and blow kisses while we say goodbye to Mickey! I know it won't be that easy for long...but I'll take it while I can get it!

Then it was home to eat, take a bath, pj's, read books and in their cribs. They're sleeping - and I'm praying ;-)

Now I have homework to do. I have a project due tomorrow that I completely forgot about. Ooops!

I'm going to work out and then homework...I've already done my housework. There's a lot of work going on here!!!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment