Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 28

I love the weekends! We woke up at 6:00 (of course...because it's the weekend lol). Came downstairs (when I say we came downstairs - that means that the girls slide all the way down on their tummy with me walking backwards so I can catch them if they fall and Pete at the top because sometimes they want to go 'down' more than once and climb right back up again).

We decided that since my mom and Little Brother were going to the gym with us - Pete didn't have to go. He had some other stuff he needed to do and this was a good opportunity for him to take care of it. So the girls and I headed to pick up my mom and brother and off to the gym we went. They had a great time as always. Hailey needs more work on being nice to other kids. She's so willing to share space with her sisters but heaven forbid anyone even look at something she wants and it's like she turns into the devil child. She screamed at some little boy today simply because he got too close to her balance beam. I hope it's just a phase and I really hope other parents understand!!!!

After the gym we came home to take naps. My brother was still here so Pete and I ran to the store real quick.

We got home and it was time for lunch! We thought about taking them out but it was raining and cold today so we stayed home. We did go for a quick walk when the rain let up but we got caught...it started raining again before we got back. It was fun though!

Then it was time to play with playdough. As much as the girls love playdough - I really really really wanted to finger paint. We hadn't done that yet so this was a great day to try it out and see how it went. Hahaha.....

So finger painting turned into body painting. I had already gotten the girls down to just a diaper before we started painting so it was no big deal. It was really me that instigated the body painting since I started painting the girls myself. Then it was bath time!!!! Pete was kind enough to get their bath ready within minutes and we threw the girls in the tub and cleaned 'em up!

Then it was time for dinner, pj's, brush teeth, read books and in bed. Although - I have to say that Hailey is sitting next to me as I write this. The girls went down early tonight (they were exhausted) but she wasn't ready for bed just yet so she's getting some two on one time. That's right - she has mommy AND daddy all to herself right now. ;-)

In a little bit I'm headed to a friends house to help her with her daughter's Halloween party. 20 13 year olds...oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment