Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 6

Hailey woke up last night. Before the girls went to bed Pete and I decided if they got up that we would change them and put them back to bed. Not even bringing them in our room. Well at 2:15 Hailey was up. She didn't go right back to sleep so I got up, brought her downstairs and changed her then put her right back in her crib. She actually fell right back to sleep for the rest of the night. Our feet hit the floor at 6:30am. We're not late - because I have the day off. We get the girls downstairs and fed - Pete goes to take a shower and gets ready for work. I tried to convince him he should stay home with us but he really needs to go in for 1/2 the day because he's working on a big project. I don't push it - I know he's been busy at work. After he's ready I jump in the shower real quick because I've decided it's nice out and there's no way I'm staying in with the girls all day!

Pete leaves for work and I text my cousin Jen up in Mass to see if she wants company for the day. She's home! And she'd love for us to come visit! Yippie!!! I get the girls dressed and all their stuff packed (we take a lot of food when we go somewhere!). We leave the house by 9:45. It wasn't too much to get them out the door - they usually want to walk to the car themselves but today they ALL climbed in the wagon and wanted a ride. Better for me because I was alone so it only took one trip to load the car!

The girls slept for about an hour in the car and when they woke up I anticipated a whole lot of crying. But to my surprise - they woke up and were just happy for the rest of the ride! We got to my cousins around noon (we hit a bit of traffic due to construction). The girls were fantastic the whole time there. They played so nice with Christopher (he's 2) and they all just did really well today. We took them for a walk and they saw cows for the 1st time too. ;-)

We left around 4:30 to come home (I had to turn around a few min after we left because I realized I forgot my camera!). We didn't get home until 6:30 (more traffic). The ride home wasn't as pleasant as the ride up - Hailey cried almost the whole way. She was just annoyed with having to be in the car so long I think. Pete had dinner ready when we got home and the girls ate and went to bed no problem. I hope they sleep all night.

Pete had a different kind of day obviously. He took 1/2 day at work because he had a guy coming to the house to look at a broken baseboard heater. The guy was scheduled to be here at 12:30 but didn't show up until 2:00. He worked on fixing the heater but needed to replace it. Final cost - $242. I'm in the wrong business. But at least it's fixed...now we can continue to pay $426 a month for our electric bill!! (insert sarcasm here).

All in all - it was a good day. I'm hoping to go to bed soon and get some sleep. Still trying to make up for the lost sleep during the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment