Monday, November 30, 2009

Day 65

I'm totally annoyed tonight. Just got home from school - and still have a ton to do. Welcome to the 'real' life part of this blog. It doesn't stop with the kids - there's laundry, cleaning, food, clothes, decorating, homework, 'picking up' and so on. Just no end to it all. And when one thing doesn't get done - it's just a downward spiral from there. Phone calls to the doctors office for the H1N1 - still on a waiting list. Phone call to MyGym for permission to bring a friend this week. Phone call to my eye doc to cancel and appt (it's not like I have time for me). My mother is back in the hospital - again - for the hundredth time this year. Phone call to her making sure she's 'fine'. Literally looking at 4 loads of laundry in baskets in front of me and knowing that there are literally 4 more upstairs - all need to be folded and put away. Not tonight. Just done.

And you know what kills me? That a million and 10 people think they can do this shit better than we can. Yeah - where the hell are they right now? I don't see a damn person folding my laundry. I certainly don't see anyone doing my homework or dishes. Doesn't look like anyone got the girls clothes ready for tomorrow or made a list of 20 more people they have to call when the business day opens. Nope - they're all home snuggled in their beds sleeping peacefully - probably dreaming up more ways to annoy the hell out of me by telling me what I'm doing wrong next. I'm just going to end it here. This is going nowhere good. Tomorrow is a new day.

3 comments:

  1. ha I loved your post..... I have read your blog for about a year I think and have commented a couple times before! I love how real you are and I just have to say that if I didn't live on the other side of the country I would fold your laundry for you....... If your ever in Idaho and need some help with laundry or baby(Big girl) wrangling I'm there!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your day gets better. You are doing a Great job with all that is on your plate from what I can tell. The Laundry is always there in my little house of 2 kids so yep it WILL NEVER be done. Give yourself a break. I recently cancelled a eye Dr apt too. Who has the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! I think of you often when I feel overwhelmed with my little ONE, not three, just one. There will always be laundry . . . and that sucks. It truly does, you let it go cause you need a break and then you are faced with a mountain. On the bright side, look forward to the day that you introduce the girls to how the machine works and they can do there own laundry. I think I was about 9 or 10 when I got that lesson. Daniel is doing is own now too at 11. Not the way I would do it, but doing it is the battle. YOU ARE BOTH, DOING A GREAT JOB. NO ONE, has the right to tell you otherwise. Because when you get right down to it they are your girls, so what you say goes. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete