Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 57

We thought the girls would sleep late today since they didn't get to bed until almost 8:00 last night. Lol...I should know better though. Nope...they were up at 6:00 like clockwork. And to top that off...they only took a 1 hour nap today. I'm not upset about it...I just know how tired they can get. But they did fine today.

We went to MyGym to make up for a class that we missed when they were sick. After the gym we came home and while the girls slept - Pete and I went grocery shopping. Little Brother was here to watch them. They were up by the time we got home from shopping so they ate lunch while we put away groceries.

After lunch we (me, Pete, Little Brother and all of the girls) decided to jump in the car and drive to Brianna's basketball game. It was about 25 minutes to get there and we got there late...but we saw her play most of the game and even though they lost - it was a good game! The girls were amazed by the players running up and down the court. It was fun to watch them watching! Haha. After the game we stopped at some of the shops they have in Simsbury and walked around. We got ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery, went to Borders and then Walgreens for some Neosporin for Hannah's face. Hopefully there won't be a scar but if there is - I think it will be small.

We thought about getting dinner someplace but decided it was getting late and the girls needed to get home for a bit of down time and then dinner and a bath. So home we went. While Pete was making dinner I was watching the girls play. I acted like I was doing laundry so they didn't notice me and I realized that all 3 of them were playing 'make believe' with their babies. Emily was feeding her horse. Hannah was feeding her bear. And Hailey was pushing her baby in the stroller but stopped to give her a kiss...on the foot. So cute! Oh - and Emily has to have a coffee mug every time we leave the house now. I pretty much don't leave home without my coffee so now that's 'her thing' too. Except today she didn't put it down for anything! I'm surprised she didn't put up a fuss about taking it to bed.

The girls went down no problem tonight after their bath. Hannah is doing fine - she didn't even complain today at all. She did see herself in the mirror when we got in the car (we have mirrors on the headrests of the seats so we can see them in our rear view mirror). When she saw herself she pointed to her forehead and said 'uh oh...boo boo'. But that was it. We did give her Tylenol and Motrin all day. I would have a huge headache if I got knocked in the face with a laptop so my guess was that she wouldn't be feeling 100% today.

Tomorrow starts another week. We're going to NJ for Thanksgiving and we're staying in a hotel for the 1st time. The hotel does have 3 cribs (and only 3 cribs so we made sure they were ours to use). I'm nervous...very very very nervous about this trip. More so the drive than anything else. The girls don't do very well in the car (hence the lack of 'vacations' we've taken). The drive is about 3 hours without traffic. Without is the key word. We are leaving Thanksgiving morning - so if you could all be at your desired destinations by then and free up the road for us - that would be much appreciated. Thanks. ;-)

Tidbit: I hate hate hate non slip tub mat thingies. Hate them! When I had my cleaning business I saw how nasty dirty moldy they got and I just can't stand them. But we need one. The girls little behinds go slipping and sliding all over the place if we don't have one in the tub when they take a bath. So to avoid the 'mess' - I put a towel on the bathroom floor (thankfully our bathroom is big enough to do this) and I take the mat out after their bath. We've had it since last xmas (of course I never would have though to buy one myself - so my mom was kind enough to buy it for the girls) and it still looks like new. I give it scrub down every time I clean the bathroom but it really - it's been clean and mold free since day one. I don't particularly love the mat on the towel on the floor deal - but we pick our battles. I'd rather battle the mat/towel/floor obstacle than the moldy nasty dirty grime every time I take a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment