Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 38

Emily is sick with a cold so she ended up in our bed for 1/2 the night last night. She couldn't breath and our room is much cooler than theirs (we don't have to crank the heat because we sleep under covers). So we let her sleep with us. When we woke up at 6:00 - she was sound asleep and we didn't want to wake her up so we just stayed in bed until 6:30 when we finally had to get up and get going!

Our feet hit the floor at 6:30. Pete got the girls up and dressed while I took a shower. After I was ready Pete helped me get the girls in the car and off to his parents house. I dropped them off and then headed to work myself.

Hannah and Hailey have this thing about taking off their shoes and socks in the car. So no matter where we go - I have to give myself some extra time to put their shoes and socks back on their feet when we get to our destination. It's funny...and I probably encourage it by laughing at them while they're doing it. Hey...I'd love to take my shoes and socks off in the car too!

I went to work and worked.

Went to get the girls around 5:00 and headed home. Little Brother had made dinner AND cleaned up the house...wow!!! So we got home, ate dinner, took baths, pj's, brushed teeth, read books and in bed. They've been sleeping since 6:30 but Emily is having a hard time breathing again so I'm not sure she'll make it the whole night in her own crib.

We really don't like letting them sleep with us...especially Emily because she's a wiggle worm and moves all over the bed. Flips and flops all over the place. So when she's in our bed...no one really gets a good night sleep - not even her. But sometimes you do what you have to do to make your kids comfortable. And when they're sick - you do even more. At least we do.

After they went to bed I worked on cleaning up more of the basement and then worked out. Pete did some work on the computer and now we're both getting ready to go to bed. It's only 9:30 but we both know that we probably won't get a full nights sleep so we have to take what we can get!

2 comments:

  1. My Monkey boy loves to take his shoes and socks off inth car too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even bother putting the babies shoes on at all in the car because they always take them right off. I do put their socks on because it's cold going out to the car now but those promptly get ripped off as soon as I start driving!

    ReplyDelete