Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 62

The girls woke up around 6:30 this morning. Last night was great - they only fussed a few times but nothing that needed our intervention. Pete and I slept on the pull out sofa bed in the livingroom so the girls wouldn't wake up, see us and then want to climb in bed with us.

Once they got up we went down to the lobby and had breakfast. And coffee of course. Then we came back up to the room, changed into our swim suits and went swimming! The girls loved it. The water was kind of cool so we didn't stay too long. But they had a great time splashing and playing in the water.

After that we decided to get dressed for the day and then we put the girls down for a nap around 9:30 (a little earlier than usual but this way we wouldn't have to leave and then come back for naps). They slept until noon and then it was up and out we went!

We headed to Pete's cousins and spent the rest of the day with family. We all took a drive to a place...ummmmm...let's just call it a rock forest? I have no idea what the place was called - but you walked a little bit and then in an open field there were just hundreds/thousands of rocks. Big and small! People brought hammers to chip off pieces and bring them home. I guess if you walked a bit further there was a waterfall as well but it was too cold for the girls so we headed back pretty quickly.

Sooooo we (Pete, me and Pete's sister Rosemary) decided a D&D run was in order to fend off the chill. We tried to search for a D&D in the GPS but the nearest one was 37 miles away (does that tell you how far out in the woods we were?!?!) so we tried Starbucks instead. The GPS said it was 8 miles away. The GPS lied. Miserably. It took us an hour to not get coffee but instead to finally hit the drive thru at Burger King for soda's and french fries. And a few dirt roads later - we were back on track. The girls were pretty good during the ride so it wasn't so bad. But don't ask Pete about it....he gets heated when it comes to dirt roads and driving. LOL

There were 2 rounds of dinner planned. One for the kids and one for the adults. I ate with the kids because I was bringing the girls back to the hotel so they could get some sleep and Pete was staying behind to visit with his family. The great thing about this was that I got to eat an entire meal...ONE WHOLE MEAL - without tending to my children!!!!!!!!! Amazing. I know! Since the other adults were eating later - they all took care of the girls and fed them while I ate, and ate, and ate some more (and would have continued to eat had it not been a time issue). It was great.

The girls and I get back to the hotel and head up to the room - at the very end of the hall. The key doesn't work. Shoot. So we take of our coats and leave our stuff on the floor in front of the door and head back down to the front desk. They heard us coming and had an idea that we had a problem with the key. She gave us another key and off we went. Well wouldn't you know that this key wasn't working either? Lol - this time she came upstairs and used a 3rd key - and luckily this one worked.

In we go. I get the girls in their pj's, give them a bit of milk, brush teeth, read books and in the pack-n-plays they went. They cried for all of about 30 seconds before zonking out. Now I'm trying my hardest to set up a breakfast with my cousin Kelsey. She isn't too far from us and I'm hoping we can meet in the morning - I haven't seen her in so long and it would just make my day to be able to have breakfast with her! We'll see.

I'll probably be sleeping when Pete gets back...I'm so tired! We leave to come back home tomorrow and I'm a little nervous about the drive. The drive down here was so uneventful I'm sort of worried it was the calm before the storm! But again...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment