Friday, October 1, 2010

Rainy Days

What a rainy day today.  It rained pretty much all day long.  The girls and I didn't go anywhere today.  We stayed home and just hung out to play.  We said goodbye to Pete this morning - he's off to VT for the whole weekend on a camping trip.  After that my mom came over for a little bit and then when it was nap time - we ALL took a nap (me included).  When we woke up we had some lunch and hung out some more.  The rain let up a little bit and at one point I had the front door open.  I know better than to leave it open without propping it so that the girls can't shut it (they love to slam it shut).  I heard the door slam and Hannah scream...her finger was completely shut in the door.  I thought for sure that when I opened the door her little finger was going to just fall off.  But luckily it didn't and I think it's just going to be a bad bruise.  Thank God for tiny fingers...they fit in the darnedest places...including door jams.  And thank God for cousins and aunts who call you back when you send a 'have you dealt with broken fingers?' texts.  I really didn't want to have to bring the girls to the ED.  I hate that place to begin with...and to have to bring all 3 on a rainy day would have sucked.  We iced her finger and put a band aid on it (she insisted - even though it didn't bleed lol). 

The girls went to bed easier than I thought they would tonight.  I thought for sure they would throw a fit because Pete wasn't here but I've been telling them all day that he's camping and they seemed to be ok with it.  They went right to sleep (with the promise of being able to call Daddy in the morning and waking him up lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment