Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday?

Man - today didn't seem like a Monday for some reason.  The night last night was R O U G H to say the least.  The girls were up between 10 - 2 and Pete and I just didn't get much sleep.  These are the nights I feel like no one in the world understands what we go through sometimes.  But - it's our life and no one else should have to understand. 

The girls woke up like nothing happened last night.  Ugh if I could only let things go so easily.  Maybe I can learn from them.  Christina 'slept' over last night (she ended up going down to LB's room and sleeping with him down there - she wasn't able to sleep through the chaos of the girls screaming).  Pete left for work and the girls and I woke up Christina at 8:30.  We had plans to head over to my brother Peters house for breakfast.  We didn't get out of the door until 9:45.  Getting 4 kids ready in the morning - WOW.  One more kid added to the bunch doesn't seem like much but it is.  It wasn't chaotic - just busy. 

We had breakfast with Pete (and Owen) and then headed back home around noon.  See how the time flies by?  It felt like we just woke up but at this point all I did was get us all ready & go hang out with my brother!  We came back and all of us took naps (me included) and when we woke up we decided to go the mall.  Pete was coming home from work early so we waited for him...then all took off to the mall. 

The mall was super fun today because we went to a different mall and the girls got to ride a choo choo train (not their wagon...lol - this one was real).  They had a small train taking kids for rides around the top floor.  It was really cool and the girls all enjoyed themselves. 

Then we came home, Christina went home, the girls got baths and went to bed.

I had to go to the store for some bandages for my wrist (and let me just say - I came home without them...because for some reason I bought everything else in the store EXCEPT what I actually went there for!).  I heard Hannah and Hailey talking.............hmmmm.  They should be sleeping - it's already 8:30.  Something told me something was different.  So I went upstairs and what did I find?  I found Hailey in Hannah's bed with her.  The 2 of them were laying down and talking to each other.  Ahhhh it melted my heart.  How sweet.  Pete and I were curious to see how long it would take for them to realize they could easily climb into bed with each other.  I did break up the buddy system though.  Hailey went back to her bed and they fell asleep shortly after.  Oh - and Emily was zonked at this point. She loves her sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment