Monday, October 25, 2010

Oh boy

The girls and I had a great day.  The weather was nice so we took advantage and went for a long walk this morning.  After their naps we went to the mall just to hang out and then stopped by to see Rosemary.  She was kind enough to do some shopping for the girls (whenever I need anything - she's there to shop!).  So we had some stuff to pick up and then headed back home. 

The 'oh boy' part comes from someone else's kid tonight though!  After the girls went to bed I needed to decompress and headed over to a friends house.  She had 2 kids - one of them is 8.  And said 8 y/o has a book report due on Friday.  She chose a rather lengthy book to read which I have no doubt she can read.  However; she only ready 1/3 of it so far!  The book report is due Friday!  OMG!  So the night was spent prepping her on how she's gonna finish and be able to hand it in on time.  She's a smart kid but didn't make such a smart choice leaving this to the last minute. 

Is this MY future?!?!  Am I going to have to read the books my girls are reading?  Am I going to be doing reports and math problems until I'm 90?!?!  A bit of a stretch I know...but the meaning is there.   Seriously part of me wants to map out their academic future right now.  Meet the teachers, get the assignments and just get started!  LOL  At least this will ensure 'we' are not behind.  Because let's face it - it's not just the kids that get the homework! 

PS:  I spelled 'academic' wrong before the spell check.    Oh boy....................

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to report that YES homework is in your future! Special projects, special assignments and group projects! Oh - Boy! At least in your case if one has forget what the assignment is or has forgot to bring home the book they need you have a pretty good chance that one of the others will have it! Can't tell you how many times we have had to go to someones house or call for an assignment left at school! Sure I could just let him go to school without - an maybe I should - but teaching him to be resourceful and getting the job do on time is my priority.

    Future glimpse:

    Kid: "NO MOM YOU DON'T GET IT!"

    Mom: I understand that dear let's read the directions again and see what we can do about this.

    Kid: "UGH! Never mind I can do this, (Slamming books and stuff around).

    Mom: Ok then. (Goes to the dishes)

    Kid: "WHERE ARE YOU GOING I NEED YOUR HELP?"

    Mom: You just said you got this.

    ReplyDelete