Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 174

What. A. Day. The girls didn't sleep all night. We had to actually get up and bring all 3 of them downstairs to change them @ 12:30 last night. But they got changed, had a sip of water and then back to bed with no problem. And lucky for me - they slept until 6:45.

We got up and let daddy sleep (till 8:00!). Today I decided I would really push the potty. As soon as we came downstairs and I started to change them - I put them on the potty. Well I asked 1st and they all agreed. So they sat and sat and sat. Long enough for me to get their milk ready. And then I hear Hailey clap. She peed! YAY!!!!!!!! Marshmallows for ONLY Hailey.

Oh boy. This is new. Usually they ALL get rewarded when just one of them goes on the potty. But lately I've noticed Emily & Hannah cheering for Hailey to get her to go - so they can the treat. It was hard to say the least. Hannah wanted those marshmallows sooooooo bad. And you know what made it even harder on my heart? Hailey dropped her cup of marshmallows. I decided I would just leave it alone and figured the other two would swarm like vultures. Emily did. She helped pick them up and of course she ate whatever one's she picked up. Hannah though...she picked up one marshmallow - didn't even attempt to put it in her mouth - and handed it to Hailey saying 'here go'. OMG! Break my freakin' heart.

The rest of the day - Hailey peed 1 more time on the potty and Emily did both on the potty today. Hannah didn't do anything. She tried a couple of times but she doesn't have as much interest as the other two. She'll get there.

Anyhow - Pete woke up and made us all pancakes and my mom came over to visit. After breakfast my mom and I took the girls for a nice long walk (about an hour). Then it was back home to have a snack and some juice outside. I guess I skipped over the hour before Pete woke up when I wiped about 30lbs of snot and cleaned up Emily's puke off the kitchen floor. They're all congested and have the beginning of a cold. On days like this I make sure to stay away from milk because it just causes them to have more mucus. But I wasn't thinking this morning and just gave them their full cup of warm milk and Emily was kind enough to cough so hard she gave the whole thing back to me. I love being a mom.

After our walk and snack - the girls took naps (for 2 hours!) and then we ate lunch. THEN it was off to the park to feed the ducks and have more fun! Pete stayed behind to get some stuff done in the house. My brother Andrew came along to hang out with us. Good thing cuz there were a ton of people at the park today and I wouldn't have been able to let the girls walk on their own if I didn't have an extra pair of eyes & hands to help out. We fed the ducks and then played at the playground for a while (ummm...I guess a little over 2 hours!).

We left and on our way home stopped at the grocery store to buy Little Brother an ice cream cake because today is his bday! We got home, had some cake and by then it was close to 5:00 and the girls were showing signs of being out all day long. We gave them a bath and got them ready for bed but then came downstairs for dinner. (Baths were needed after the cake eating since the blue frosting turned into blue face paint and blue hair coloring).

We had dinner, played for a bit and then off to bed. It took them a while to settle down and it didn't dawn on me until way later that their little legs probably hurt. MY legs hurt from all of the walking today so I can only imagine how their little legs feel! Usually we keep them in the wagon but they were willing to hold hands all day long so they walked all day long. I'll use my noggin next time.

Now Pete and I are going to hang out with LB and his friends for a little bit for his bday while Andrew stays and 'watches' the girls while they sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment