Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 166

Pete and I were both home today since the girls had their 2 year appt at the doctor today. All went amazingly well. We started to vaccinate them (that just sounds bad when I read it). Today they had their Hep A and Varicella vaccines. We held off again on the MMR. We'll probably get that next time (in 6 months) when they go back for their 2nd Hep A. I'll post their weights/heights next this weekend sometime. Right now I'm sitting on the couch sulking. I have an ice pack on my leg and their notebooks (with today's info) is across the room. I don't feel like getting up.

I know there are people in much worse situations than I am. And today I have to thank Donna for taking me out of my pool of sorrow and telling me to get my head back in the game. I have 3 HEALTHY kids and a great husband...and I didn't in fact die. I almost did. But I didn't. Sometimes I need that extra push. It's not very often that I feel beat down to the point of defeat and today I was feeling that way. But Donna is right - I do have so much more to be thankful for and I need to refocus on those things instead of sulking like a drama queen. I'll leave the drama queen stuff to Hannah...she's so much better at it than I am anyway.

But tonight I'm sulking...simply because my leg hurts. The funny thing is that at work - I'm on my feet much LESS than when I'm at home. So being home today took it's toll. And my leg hurts so I'm gonna ice it while watching TV with my husband, drink some coffee and eventually go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Coffee before bed??? Your Friend is right,but It has to be hard to go through all that you have been through. Good Luck at getting back into the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete