Monday, March 7, 2011

Getting there

I'll get back to blogging when things settle down a bit.  We have been beyond busy.  The girls had croup which I ended up taking Hannah & Hailey to the doctor for.  That was on a Friday - only to have to bring all 3 of them back to the doctor the following Wednesday.  They all have ear infections and all have sinus infections.  They also have this horrible cough that is just persistent and keeping them up at night.  The doctor finally agreed to give them cough medicine.

With 3 sick kids, one new house and lots of stuff to do - God thought I needed more so He filled our basement with 3" of water today.  We had a ton of stuff down in the basement.  I was able to take some stuff out and hopefully it'll dry.  The girls train table, my grandmothers end tables, and an old wooden toy box are what I'm hoping to save.  The couch, treadmill, cribs, bed frame - all are probably going to be a complete loss. 

If I could get away with throwing a complete tantrum and stomping my feet while screaming - I would do just that right now.  But since that won't do any good...I'm gonna put on my snow boots (cuz it's not like I even own rain boots) and go help push this water out of the basement while the kids have fun at Pete's moms house for the day. 

1 comment:

  1. sucks big time! We filled the shop vac 20 times sucking out the melt that made its way into our basement! Wasn't able to do my work out down there yesterday - but today although still wet - it was dry enough that I worked out anyway! Damn the carpet in the gym smell like wet dog! Oh well - feeling energized now - so much has been keeping me from working at my desk this past week. Looking forward to the little peeps having a full day of school so I can clear the piles of work from my desk, if thats even possible to do in one day!

    ReplyDelete