Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3/29/11

It's hard to find titles to these posts sometimes.  I'm not feeling creative so I'm just gonna give it today's date.

The girls and I started off the day being lazy.  Our new routine in the new house is that Pete gets up 1st.  He takes a shower and gets ready for work.  The girls wake up usually before he's left so they'll all come into our room and climb into our bed.  We'll put on the TV and let them watch Mickey Mouse or Dora and I'll get up and get myself ready for the day. 

After I showered and dressed today - the girls still wanted to stay in bed.  So I climbed back in bed with them and we just chilled for a while.  Finally one of them had to pee so we all got up.  We had some breakfast and the plan was to go to the post office today.  We were going to mail out a package to Cousin Christina and get some stamps to mail out our thank you cards.  But then Pete text me and said that Lord & Taylor was giving away $15 to the 1st 200 customers today.  And our plans changed :)

I gave the girls bath, got them dressed and we headed to the mall.  We got our $15 to Lord & Taylor and then went about our normal mall browsing routine.  I say routine because the stores that we frequent had employees that knew us.  Disney, Build-A-Bear, Pink, the Candy Store & Gymboree.  We don't buy things at these stores.  We say Hi to Mickey (and I'm waiting for the sunglasses to go on sale.  Right now they're $4.50 each - but last year I grabbed them for $1.99).  We go into Build-A-Bear and they get all excited to see 'their' bears on the shelf.  So they say Hi to their bears (while screaming to me "Mommy!  Look!  It's my bear!  I have that one!!!").  We browse the Pink store.  I love that store.   We hit up the Candy store for some 'gooey fish' aka: Swedish fish.  And we've been going to Gymboree because they have THE most adorable bathing suits for the girls that I LOVE.  But - they are a 2 piece (picture shorts and a t-shirt but bathing suit material).  And each piece is $22.  So that's $44 x 3.  I can't afford to spend that much $ on bathing suits!!!!!!!!!    So I'm waiting.........because I just KNOW that they will go on sale.  THEY MUST.  And they have matching pink/white polka dot sun hats but those didn't go on sale either and the store only has 2 left now.  So we'll just wait and see.  In the meantime - the girls enjoy browsing with mommy. 

Usually at some point we make a pit stop to the bathroom.  This mall has a kids bathroom, with a tiny toilet and sink just for toddlers.  They love it so I love it and it keeps us all dry and happy. 

The Easter Bunny will be at the mall Friday.  Looks like we'll be back there this week :)

After the mall we headed to UConn and had lunch with Kim.  She was kind enough to buy them a WHOLE BAG OF CANDY......EACH.  So we took ONE piece and agreed that they could leave their bags with her and each time they visit they can have another piece of candy. 

After visiting Kim - the girls went to Pete's mom and stayed there while I went to the gym.  Emily fell asleep late so when I got there to pick them up around 4:15 she had just woken up.  Then it was home for dinner, some play time and then bed.  Hannah & Hailey went right to sleep since they didn't take naps.  But Emily was wide awake.  So I went and got her and we baked cookies.  And we ate cookies.  With milk.  And had some good quality time.  Then she went to bed and fell right off to sleep.  Tomorrow I'll be sure to tell Hannah & Hailey that whatever Emily is talking about must have been a dream.  There's no way I would have gotten just ONE child up out of bed to help me bake and eat some cookies.......

No comments:

Post a Comment