Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Naps/No naps...who knows

Yesterday the girls didn't take a nap at all.  And they did quite fine.  Not much whining and they weren't too tired by the end of the day.  They went to bed at 7:00 and fell right to sleep and they woke up at 7:00.  So 12 hours of sleep and you'd think that was plenty.  But then today - they seemed exhausted so I put them down for a nap at 11:45.  They were sleeping by 11:46 and they slept for 2.5 hours!  I guess it's just hit or miss.  Tomorrow - there won't be naps.  We have plans :)

We visited our local library yesterday and what a treat that turned out to be.  They have tons of books (duh) but they have a HUGE play area for the kids.  There's kitchen stuff, a train table, lego table, baby dolls, dress up clothes for the kids, a HUGE doll house, and even a puppet theater!  Needless to say we didn't read any books.  The girls enjoyed their time playing with all the toys.  But I think I might make this a weekly trip and get some reading done for myself. 

We stayed home today because we had a lot of people coming to visit.  1st was the guy who was suppose to fix the basement stairs.  He ended up taking out 2 support beams (not intentionally) and my brother Andrew almost fell through the floor in the kitchen.  Guess we have more of a mess to 'fix' now. 
Then Miss Donna came to visit - WE MISSED HER SO MUCH!  I was really happy to see her.  You never know how much you truely miss someone until you don't get so see them for a while.  Miss Donna is just one of those people who I know I can be myself around and who doesn't judge me.  She has seen me at my worst, seen my house at it's worst, seen my kids at their worst...and yet she continues to visit :)  Love her!  Then my sister came by.  She took the kids for a walk and Hailey ran into the street.  Grrrrr.  This kid is FEARLESS and DARING at the same time.  She also knows how to push my buttons.  My brother Andrew came and then the cable guy came!  While they were here - Pete came home early (he had to be to work by 6:30 today so he got out early).  Then LB came home.  We even had a brief visit from one of the neighborhood kids who lost their cell phone in our yard while waiting for the bus this morning.  (We found it and returned it).  During the chaos - I left to go to the gym for a much needed work out.  Then somehow - through everything...we all managed to sit down and eat a family dinner.  Steaks on the grill YUM.

What a day!  But it was fun.  Filled with people and things going on.  The girls managed to get a few walks in with some backyard play too. 

And we have cable now *sigh*. 

No comments:

Post a Comment