Thursday, January 20, 2011

The little things

They all add up - so by the end of the day I'm spent.  Today was a good day too! 

I had an appt so I ask my brother Peter to come and babysit.  A task he's not had before :)   I was nervous - I'm not gonna lie!  But he didn't seem to be so that made me feel better.  He got here and I had already told the girls that I was leaving and Uncle Pete was babysitting.  The only one that had a problem with that was Hannah.  She begged and pleaded to come with me.  Then she begged and pleaded for me to stay.  Then she begged and pleaded for me not to leave 'yet'.  She kept saying 'Not yet Mommy!'  When it was time for me to go I said "I'm am leaving.  And I'm leaving now."  Gave kisses and walked out the door.  Not a tear was shed.  She was fine!

They were eating lunch when I left and the plan was for my brother just to clean them up and put them to bed for their nap.  I was going to be home by the time they woke up.  Somehow the girls conned him into doing their whole bedtime NIGHT time routine!  They brushed teeth, PUT ON PJ'S and read books.  LOL  I'm literally laughing out loud at this.  I can just see them trying to get as much time as they could before having to actually get in bed.  But once they were in bed he said they were fine.  They talked and sang for a bit and he gave them the 'Don't make me come up there' from the bottom of the stairs.  That was enough to put them to sleep. 

When I came home they were just waking up.  So funny to see them in the pj's and when I asked about it they started cracking up.  They thought it was funny too :) 

I got them dressed (again) and we had  a snack and went out for a walk.  Then we had to go for a drive to run an errand with my brother Joey.  Well on the way back - just as we were pulling into the driveway...Hannah threw up all over the place.  30 more seconds and I could have had her out of the car.  Too late though.  Luckily Pete was home.  He took care of Hannah, Joey watched the other 2 and I spent time cleaning the car seat.  Cleaning puke out of a carseat sucks!  But let's not forget the girls had bad acid reflux as infants so I'm a pro at getting the car seats clean. 

After dinner (chicken soup) they got baths (thanks to Hannah) and got back into their pj's for bed.  It must have been something Hannah ate because she only threw up once.  At least I'm praying it was something she ate....I don't want to even think it's a virus.

More snow tomorrow.  I hope it's fluffy and fun snow - we wanna go play!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment