Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Holy Snow!

We woke up to about a foot of snow...maybe more.  SNOW DAY!  Pete got to stay home :)  When all was said and done - we had 2 FEET!  That's a whole lotta snow!  I shoveled out our front walk way and made some 'snow chairs' for the girls.  We couldn't go sledding or do any type of real shoveling because it was too deep, still snowing and pretty windy.  So we made the best of the snow for about 1/2 hour before coming in. 

After the girls took naps we baked some sugar cookies.  The girls were given aprons for xmas and we needed to put them to good use.  Remember when I had to bake 9 dozen cookies for a cookie swap?  Who would have thought that a rolling pin would have helped!  I am NOT kitchen/cooking savvy.  So I just get done what I have to get done however I can get it done and as fast as I can get it done.  LOL 
While reading Sofia's blog  http://lamothertongue.blogspot.com/ - I watched a video of her making cookies with her mother - and wouldn't you know that I watched that video and said 'OMG WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!'  Yeah...I baked 9 dozen cookies...flattening the dough with my hands.  But if you see my FB post - you'll see a video of Hannah using a rolling pin to give me a back massage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We baked cookies, my brother Andrew came over, we moved cars, we shoveled, we played and we had more fun on a snow day than we planned. 

We got our newspaper around 2:00 today - but we did NOT get mail!  That's a 1st!!!! 

Pics of the snow are on the girls blog here (and I'll have pics of the cookies/aprons tomorrow)...
http://luccotriplets.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment