Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 2 of school

The girls didn't do as well today as they did yesterday.  They had a really rough start to the morning when Pete and Joey dropped them off.  Hannah cried - and when she realized that Pete wasn't going to take her she called to 'Uncle Joeeeyyyyy'.  It's heart wrenching to say the least. 

When I called the 1st time to check in on them - the teacher said they were having a rough start but the 2 minute warning that they would be changing activities seemed to be working well.  She mentioned something about them not wanting to physically move from one place to another (sort of just standing there even though they have been told that it's time to go do something else).  I suggested (and this is something I do at home too) that she use a puppet to talk to them.  LOL - it sounds crazy but when you have 3 kids...yelling and saying the same thing over and over and over again just doesn't work.  Puppets...they work!  So when I called back to check on them the 2nd time - she said 'Wow!  The puppets work like a charm!'  Haha.  I can only imagine what these people think of me already! 

When we put them to bed tonight Hannah said 'I no go to school tomorrow.'  I said 'Yes - you have to go to school tomorrow.'  She replied 'No.  Hannah going to Amma's house.'  Statement.  Fact.  Not a question.  Not a suggestion.  She simply is going to Grandma's house tomorrow.  Ha!  I explained that tomorrow is school and she'll be in attendance.  Oh boy...it's gonna be a long road.

1 comment:

  1. Check you email for a book list that you may want to explore with the girls to help them understand whats happening! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete