Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Could it be?

Dare I say even say it?  Did it work?  The girls were a PLEASURE to be with tonight.  Not one single tear was shed.  I even asked Hannah if she would like me to get her pj's on once.  And only once.  She actually looked at me and said 'Yes please.  See - Hannah's a good girl Mommy.'  That's what she said to me.  Hailey & Emily opted to have Pete get their pj's on - but without a hassle.  I asked Hailey and she said 'No - Daddy do it.'  Which was fine.  She chose Daddy and she let Daddy do it...the 1st time. 

Brushing teeth and reading books went just as well.  Hailey actually read us a couple of books tonight :)  She can recite the Brown Bear book...it's great.  "Brown Bear Brown Bear, what do you see?  I see a red bird looking at me......"  LOL

I must say - we didn't raise our voice a single time.  And they didn't cry a single time.  I know our chaos isn't cured but this was a night that we ALL needed.  They did get up out of their beds a couple of times but that's because Joey came home right as we were reading our last book for the night.  They were excited to hear him at 1st and then to call him from the top of the stairs and then to spend the next 15 minutes getting nothing but giggle time with him.  So rather than calm and relaxed when it was lights out - they were still full of giggles.  With that said - I know that 'provisions' need to be made for times like this.  We've all had such a miserable past few days that there was no way I was impeding on giggles and laughs.  Even if it was bedtime.  Since they weren't quite ready to fall right to sleep - they got out of bed.  Rather than yell at them and threaten to take something away - I said 'You don't have to go to sleep but you have to stay in your beds.  Sing Twinkle Twinkle to each other.'  This shouldn't have worked.  They're 2.  But it did work...and I'd like to rewind/replay this day all over again tomorrow!  (Minus the 102.3 fever that Hailey came home from school with...we'll leave that behind on replay). 

1 comment: