Monday, August 23, 2010

ARGH!


Something must give!!!  I can NOT take Hailey's anger ONE MINUTE LONGER!  She pushed me over the edge tonight.  I'm not going to get into it - because it's not pretty.  But - I did do some research real quick after they went to bed and I found that a lot of parents found this book helpful.  So after 3 stops at 3 different bookstores - I now own a copy.  I'm going to bed and probably won't sleep until I have all the answers!  (Which is why I bought a parenting book you see....)

2 comments:

  1. I have it too and need to Finnish it! Hope it gives you some tips and hope that this too shall pass... at least that's what I'm hoping it gives me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok for Mommy to take a time out too. On many occasions when I have reached my limit I have declared a Mommy time out and have gone to my room. The shock that I would walk away has an amazing affect. Once while driving, Dan and Daniel were having at it in the car and I decided I couldn't take it another minute. I spun the car into the nearest parking lot, shut off the engine and started walking down the street. I never said a word when I left the car, I just got out and started walking . . . I got about a half mile down the road before Dan Sr was now driving along the side of the road. Windows down I heard "we're sorry mommy please get back in the car." LOL, dramatic yet effective!

    ReplyDelete