Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day 144

The girls slept all night last night but unfortunately I did not. I was coughing so hard for so long that not only did I pull a muscle in my neck but Pete woke me up to say I was coughing really loud. I must have been - because he never wakes me up. He was afraid I would wake the girls. This cough has been persistent for a couple weeks now. I just can't seem to kick it. Grrr

The girls are going to be 2 on Monday. We have 2 parties planned this weekend. One for friends on Saturday and one for family on Sunday. This way there aren't too many people crowded into our house at one time. You can only fit so many people in one little living room! Plus - it makes the Birthday girls feel even more special because the festivities will be lasting all weekend long.

My older brother, Andrew has moved back home from CO. He's been gone almost 15 years...give or take a few lol. Tonight was his 1st time seeing the girls - and all went well. As well as can be expected anyway. Emily still has a hard time with new people - but she's getting better and better everyday.

More on the house search. We went and looked at 3 houses last night while LB stayed with the girls. What makes the decision as to which ones do we like more than others? Right now top on the list is school systems. We won't be moving again for a while so school system is important. I don't plan on homeschooling (at least not right now anyway but who knows - I could change my mind). Next is a yard. We want a yard for the girls to play in. It's hard - we don't have $ of course because we have triplets. And we're taking a loss on our condo even after being here for 5 years. We're ok with that. But the little things add up. The towns where the school systems are great are of course more expensive to live in and offer smaller yards. Oy Vey. I'm too tired to post all this. Eventually we'll find a house that we like - it just might not be for a long time. We looked at over 100 places before we bought our condo and then...it was just Pete and I. No worries about a yard or school systems. It's a different story now!

With that said - it's back to work. Homework, housework and party planning (which doesn't really count as 'work' because it's actually fun!).

No comments:

Post a Comment