Saturday, July 17, 2010

Redemption

Today was a MUCH better day - because last night was a MUCH better night.  The girls slept all night...and woke up in great moods at 5:30 this morning. We had big plans to go to a family bday party today so sleep was essential. 

Every night before I leave the girls room I tell them what we're planning for the next day.  For example during the week I'll say 'Tomorrow we're going to grandma's house.'  And that will be followed by them saying 'and Titi, and grandpa'.  Or I'll say 'Tomorrow is Fun Friday with Uncle Joey' and that is usually followed by 'yeah - Uncle Joey'.  Last night I informed the girls that we were going to a BIG birthday party and there was going to be a pool there.  Emily (who usually doesn't ask too many questions because once she hits her bed she's sleeping) asked if the pool was BIG or a baby pool.  So I explained it was a BIG pool and we were going to have a lot of fun. 

This morning - when I went to get them out of their room Emily was still sleeping (Hannah & Hailey had yet to scream over her bed and say 'Emmie wake up now!').  But she heard me take the gate down and she as she was stumbling out of bed she was saying 'We go to the BIG pool now momma.  BIG pool.'  This is good and bad at the same time.  It means that they are really understanding and retaining what I'm saying (finally!) but at the same time it means I'll have to watch what I tell them now.  I know how quickly plans can change in this household.  If one of them had woken up with a fever that would have been the end of our day.  And to know that I would have had to break that kind of news to a few 2 y/o would have broken my heart.  So from now on we'll just keep the next days events brief. 

Moving on.  The girls and I came downstairs and had some breakfast.  Oatmeal to be specific.  Emily has been asking for oatmeal lately for some reason.  So oatmeal it was.  Then after Pete came downstairs and we all played for a bit I decided to venture out with the girls and take them to D&D.  Pete needed to shower and it was still a bit early to play outside (I like my neighbors!).  So off we went.  We got sprinkled donuts AND chocolate milk :)  Then when we got home - we ate on the steps and waited for my mom and sister to come over to play. 

Once my mom and sister were here - we all played outside in the sprinkler (aka: hose held by momma) and we all had fun.  But the fun must come to end so that naps can be taken. 

The girls slept from 10 - 12:30!  Once they got up from their naps we got dressed and headed off to our bday party!  We got to the party at 2:30 and we were having so much fun that we didn't leave until 7:00!  We NEVER stay out beyond the girls bedtime.  But today we took the gamble that they would be ok and it worked out great.  We swam in the BIG pool, little pool, played with the dog a bit, jumped on the trampoline, played with all the kids (Kaleigh had a bunch of friends over so there was plenty of help in the pool) and all around had a great time.  The girls got some great gifts and more importantly they got to spend a ton of time with their cousins! 

When we left I thought for sure they'd fall asleep on the way home but nope!  They were awake the whole ride!!  When we got home we came in - let them run around for a bit then changed and did the night time thing.  They were all in bed by 9:00........that's late so I'm hoping they sleep in tomorrow!!!!! 

It was a great day and I'm really happy because I needed a day like today.  The girls were really good the whole day and we all enjoyed ourselves.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Tant-Tant Dy enjoyed the girls too :-) And time with the family.

    ReplyDelete