Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 3

Emily woke up with a sinus infection.  GRRRR   Today was rough.  These past few weeks since they started with the fevers and diarrhea have been simply exhausting on Pete and I.  So the days are rough and the nights are rough as well.  Last night I came home around 11 (went to a Cirque du Solei with my brother Peter).  I went right in to check on the girls and Hailey was on fire.  But she was sleeping.  Do I wake her and give her meds?  Do I let her sleep and worry?  Ugh.  I decided to let her sleep since she was sleeping soundly and she needed it.  I figured if she wasn't feeling well she would wake up. Which she did - an hour after I fell asleep.  So I got up and brought her downstairs.  Gave her some Tylenol, a sip of juice, and then brought her to the changing table to change her pullup (which was soaked - which is a good thing because it means she's not dehydrated....).  As soon as she sat down she started to cry and I saw her mouth watering.  I ran her over to the sink where she threw up.  It's so maddening!  Why does this have to happen to these guys over and over and over again?!?!  Now I'm stuck with not being able to give her more medicine for the fever because I'm not sure how much of it she threw up and how much of it she digested.  It's only been 10 minutes but I'm not taking the risk.  So I change her, bring her up to our bed, take her socks off and let her fall asleep.  I would have put a cold cloth on her had I thought she would tolerate it but she hates it so I didn't bother. 

Hannah woke up at 5:00.  BUT - since there was no Hailey in the room to play with - she went back to sleep and we all slept until 6:30.  Love it!  Hailey woke up without a fever.  Love that too!  But it came back...and Emily woke up with a sinus infection.  Blech!  Blah!  F*ck!

We stayed home today.  Just went to the pool for a few hours and played in the sprinkler when we came home.  They are still doing well potty training in the middle of all of this.  There were a few accidents today - but nothing we couldn't manage and I'm pretty sure they're ready for going diaper free for good (except at nap and bed time).  They really lose focus when they are involved with something so it's just a matter of constantly asking if they have to use the potty.  They'll get it. 

My brother Andy came over to hang out with the girls and then he said he'd watch them after they went to bed so Pete and I could go get some shopping done.  Worked out well.  Hannah & Hailey woke up while we were gone...uh oh.  As soon as they saw him they said 'No Annie (that's what they call him...lol!) - Daddddddy!!!!'  So he was quick to think and said "You want Daddy?  No problem.  Just get back in your beds, DO NOT fall asleep, and I'll go downstairs and get Daddy and send him back up here."  Haha...worked like a charm. 

Now it's time for bed (late again) and hopefully they will sleep through the night and wake up feeling a bit better since they are all on antibiotics.  Hopefully.  I'm miserable for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment