Sunday, July 4, 2010

Potty Training Day 4

Just when you think things can't possibly get any worse for the wear - they do.   As tired as we were last night - we didn't get to bed until almost midnight.  There was just so much to do.  And I assure you - our time wasn't spent watching TV because right now we don't even have cable - so we don't get a single station on the boob tube.  (We cancelled cable - then had it hooked up in LB's name so we can get the 'new' customer discount for a year). 

Hannah & Hailey woke up several times last night.  Each time they got up, I got up and put them back to bed (they like to get out of their beds and come to the door).  At 4:00 this morning Hailey woke up.  I nudged Pete and said 'your turn' and he got up with her.  But then he came in to the bedroom and said 'She's hotter than I've ever felt any of them before'.  I did the hand sweep across her forehead and groggily said 'just give her some Tylenol and put her back to bed.'  But a few minutes later Pete came back in the room and said 'Her temp is 105...I took it in both ears and it's the same'.  SHIT!  That'll wake anyone up out of a dead sleep.  I trek it downstairs with them and as he's giving her Tylenol I'm wetting washcloths with cold water and trying to peel her pj's off.  I have a choice - I can calmly put cold washcloths on her while she lays in my bed or I can put her in the tub where I know she'll scream and wake up the other two.  105 temp is not good.  At this point I'm worried about a febrile seizure.  But then I thought - if she's freaking out and crying...she'll just make herself even hotter.  So I opt for the cold washcloths and pray the Tylenol works. 

We take her back to our bed and she falls asleep holding an ice pack while I rub cold washcloths on her face/head/legs/feet.  When we got up at  6:00 - her fever was down to 101.3.  Phew!  The other two also had fevers of 100+.  I have no idea what is going on - they have never had fevers with sinus infections before.  They had their ears and throats checked at the doctor on Friday and they are all on antibiotics.  So I'm sure it's just a virus - another virus. 

The girls are doing fantastic with potty training.  Hannah went the ENTIRE day without an accident.  She was even dry when she woke up from nap time. 

We went to the pool early today - we were there when they opened at 10:00!  And we were the 1st ones there so we got our usual shaded area and even snagged some chairs.  Andy came over and then my mom and Christina met us at the pool.  While were there - Pete brought us all the makings for PB&J sandwiches and we made lunch right there at the pool side.  After we all ate - we went back in for a quick dip and then it was back home to nap.  We got home around noon - and the girls were sleeping by 12:30.  And since I didn't get much sleep - I crawled into bed myself.  Only to have Pete come in with Hannah a short while later because she was coughing so bad she couldn't stay lying down.  So she fell asleep on his chest while he sat up and he fell asleep sitting up.  I fell asleep and we all napped :) 

After they got up from their naps we had some oatmeal for a snack and then Pete took the girls to his parents house for dinner.  I needed to get some laundry done so I stayed behind.   He left at 4:00 - I got some laundry done then went and grabbed a bite to eat with Andy.  Pete and the kids got home around 6:30 and then we gave them baths, pj's, brush teeth, TYLENOL, books and bed.  Hannah is coughing and coughing and coughing.  Who knows how long she'll last in her bed before we grab her to sleep in ours.  I hate having them sleep in our bed but when they're sick we do what we have to do. 

Now it's time to finish cleaning up some stuff and then head to bed because who knows how many times we will have to wake up tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment