Friday, June 25, 2010

*sigh*

Well this was by far one of the most challenging weeks ever since the girls were born.  Fevers, diarrhea, vomiting, coughing & congestion...the whole works all wrapped up in one - times 3.  Having to wake up the girls at night because they pooped and didn't wake up on their own sucked.  But I think and pray that we're on the very tail end of this. 

Breakfast consisted of Jello (I've never made the girls Jello before - and it actually went over really well), granola bars, apple juice and then followed up with frozen Gatorade pops (outside for this yummy treat).  It was funny because one of our neighbors that we see quite frequently was walking by on his way to work and stopped to look at me.  He said 'Hmmm - Popsicles on a sunny, warm, summer...morning?'  Haha...he knows me all too well.  But not having kids of his own he couldn't quite get why on earth I would do something like this.  So I just said 'yup - we've all been sick and what you see is actually Gatorade frozen into pops - makes it good for them AND fun.'  Ahhhh...he sees the light and heads on to work.  Then another neighbor comes out around 9:30 when we were all in the pool and says 'Hey there - I've seen you home with the girls this week - everything ok?'  'Yeah -girls are sick...just trying to get them better.'  'You'd never know they were sick - they're always so good.'  This makes my heart melt and makes me smile :)   I was tempted to tell him to come hang out inside for the rest of the day but I'd be afraid he'd move and we'd get crappy neighbors in his place.  LOL

The girls spent some time at Pete's moms today so I could clean the house with bleach since that seems to be the only thing that kills the Rotavirus.  No worries though - I'm sure my efforts were futile because I'm positive I missed a spot and Hannah will find that one germ hanging out.  But the good news is that if they do get the Rotavirus again - they now have some immunities and hopefully it won't be nearly as bad.  It better not be anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in ther Mama. Hopefully it will be over real soon:)

    ReplyDelete