Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rotavirus

Rotavirus it is.  Most common cause of diarrhea in children and every kid gets it.  This doesn't make it easier to handle though.  I changed Emily more than 25 times today and this is by no means an exaggeration.  She would poop, I would change her, she would poop again...and so on.  Then she would go maybe 1/2 hour without pooping...and then start the process all over again.  She's not eating or drinking much so I basically have been walking around the house saying 'you want a bite?'  'you want a sip?' all day long.  ALL DAY.  We had about 2000 'tea' parties today but instead of tea - there was juice in her cup.  She also got to eat whatever she wanted - which consisted of 1 peach.  Thanks to Titi for not eating that peach for breakfast this morning! 

I was desperate for a break today after being home with the girls Tue and Wed.  Since Rosemary was home and offered to help - I dropped Hailey off at her house for some 'special' one on one time.  Hailey was feeling much better so I didn't mind her having the day away.  Life is much different with 2 toddlers instead of 3!  But I must say - Hannah & Emily gave me a run for my money.  My brother Pete came by and spent a good part of the day.  My mom came by.  Donna came by.  Little Brother was here for a bit.  And even with all of this - they were still cranky and whiny all day long.  ALL DAY.  So basically it went like this 'Hannah tummy hurts.  Hannah tummy hurts.  Hannah tummy hurts.  Hannah tummy hurts.  Hannah tummy hurts...'  'Emmie no feel good.  Emmie no feel good.  Emmie no feel good.  Emmie no feel good....'  'You want a bite?  You want a sip?  You want a bite?  You want a sip?   You want a bite? You want a sip?...'

Oh - and the water was shut off today.  Apparently there was a water main break in the area.  Cuz that's how we roll. 

I spoke to the nurse at the girls doctors office 3 times today.  I was hoping for a cure of course.  Who wouldn't?  But in reality we're looking at another 1- 2 weeks of this.  No dairy at all.  Which sucks because they're missing their milk for sure!  That's the 1st thing they ask for when they get up.  Instead it'll be Gatorade, apple juice and popscicles.  Yeah...go ahead and ask about the pedialyte.  I have enough laundry to do with the way they're pooping thru their pants...not trying to wash more because they spit the stuff right back out and say 'no thanks' as they hand the cup back to me and then whine because their shirt is wet. 

I have Jello mold in the fridge, Gatorade pops in the freezer and my ear plugs ready for Fun Friday with Mommy! 

Did I mention how many diapers I changed today?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Good Lord! Those poor little babies!!! I don't know how you can take care of three!!! Amazing! So how does one get Rotavirus? I guess I will have to look it up. I know Sofia has gotten a vax for it, but now you make me wonder if she can get it anyway....hmm. Hope it has calmed down by now.
    Saludos!

    ReplyDelete