Tuesday, June 29, 2010

5:00

Again.  Why?!?!  You girls are killing us!!!!!!!!  Ugh.  Up early and got ready for work.  Among a million other things since there was TIME.  Except that I would have liked to have been sleeping instead of doing those million things.  Anyway.

I got to work early (yes - I'm aware of the positive things happening since our early awakenings but still would RATHER sleep).  Which means I got to leave a bit early and get the girls.  I did get a phone call at work today to inform me that Emily decided to bite Hailey in the leg.  She left quite the mark too.  I scolded her on the phone and told her she better say sorry and give Hailey a kiss and hug (our way out of time out is saying sorry and giving the person you hurt a kiss & hug).  So later tonight when we were home I said to Emily "You bit Hailey today and I'm very disappointed.  That's not acceptable behavior."  To which she promptly replied "But Emmie say sorry to Hailey & give Hailey kiss and hug!!!"  Caught on a technicality. 

Pete bought the girls cupcakes tonight that were decorated to look like Cookie Monster.  We learned that wasn't such a great idea - the girls were covered in blue frosting and they didn't even eat that much!  So it was bath night again tonight.  But we weren't prepared for it to be bath night and this is where it SUCKS to have triplets and not be 'ready' for something as simple as a bath. 

Usually one of us goes upstairs and gets the bath set up (minus the water).  We get towels, washcloths, shampoo, get the bath mat and faucet cover in the tub and get pj's, diapers and socks ready in the bedroom.  But tonight - the girls were covered in blue frosting and I didn't want them touching anything so we brought them up to the bathroom and Pete went to get all their stuff for their bath.  I started getting stuff in the tub ready and was running the water.  All 3 of the girls were doing what they always do - putting their toys in the tub.  But Hailey grabbed a cup and filled it with water from the running faucet - then dumped the water all over Emily.  They were NOT in the bath tub! I don't care about the mess - it's just water.  But what happened next was just complete chaos.  We have a ceramic tile floor in the bathroom - when it's wet it's slicker than ice.  And if you're barefoot - watch out.  Well Hailey dumped the water then tried to walk across the floor.  She was naked so I couldn't grab her to stop her.  Her feet went right out from under her and she hit the back of her head smack on the floor.  Her scream actually made the other two start screaming.  I say 'PETE!  ICE NOW!'  As I pick her up I look for blood - none.  Feel for a bump...nothing yet.  The girls are ALL screaming.  Finally we get them calmed down.  Hailey is gonna live and we give them a bath and get them in bed.  What a mess though.  It's what we get for not being prepared for something as simple as a bath.  

Now it's time for us to go to sleep - because only Lord knows what time we'll be up!

No comments:

Post a Comment