Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 71

Hannah was up from 11:00 - 1:00...screaming. I brought her downstairs once and so did Pete. She eventually fell asleep in her crib though. We're tired to say the least.

But the days must go on of course. And in the morning they are fine. We all got up at 7:00 this morning. After some milk and playing we decided to go out to eat at Denny's. The girls were fantastic as usual. We played with crayons and colored, stuck some stickers and said 'hello' to a few nice people. The girls ate and ate and ate...they eat so much it's unbelievable how tiny they are. The waitress was super as well. She kept commenting on how well behaved the girls were and how much patience we have. Lol...well she hasn't seen us in the middle of a nightly melt down but that's ok. When breakfast was over we were waiting for the check and it was taking longer than usual. We decided we'd put our jackets on and maybe that would get things moving. Then...

The manager comes out to say 'You're probably wondering where your check is. But I'm here to tell you that the couple sitting behind you took care of it before they left. Your meal was paid in full and we hope you enjoyed it.' OMG are you kidding me? That's amazing! If this couple only knew how much this meant to us. We've been in such a slump this past week and just not getting along and it really made our day to know that there really are nice people in the world. I did ask the waitress if she knew who the couple was but she said "No. They come in once a week and they pay for their own meal - and then they chose to pay for someone else's meal as well. Today they chose your family.' Well that's PERFECT! I said I would mail her a thank you card and she assured me it would get into the right hands. I still can't believe it.

After breakfast we headed over to Kohl's for some xmas shopping. I'm a good shopper and find some decent deals. But today was this years 'deal of the year'. I can't say what I bought - they were xmas presents and of course the people receiving these gifts read the blog. But I can tell you this...the total spent was $197. The total saved was $475. That's right...$475!!!! Xmas shopping was fun today ;-) The girls were great in the store (not something they are known for at Kohl's for some reason).

Then we headed home to take naps later than usual. I had a presentation to work on and Pete did some stuff around the house. When the girls all woke up we had lunch and just hung out at home for the rest of the day. It was a nice relaxing afternoon actually.

Then it was time for dinner, baths, pj's, read books (with Uncle Joey too tonight!) and in bed. They were a bit restless before going to sleep but at the moment - they are ALL sleeping. I don't even have hopes they'll stay that way because I know better. But I also know that I'm going to bed early to prepare myself for a long night before a Monday morning.

Today was a great day! (I'm excluding last night as part of 'today'). The girls were in amazing moods, we found out there really are nice people in the world still, we got a superb deal on some xmas gifts and the girls made me laugh so much today. I love that. I love them.

1 comment:

  1. I love Kohls sales!!!! I went on the friday after thanksgiving and spent $66 but I saved $166 isn't that crazy.....

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete