Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stick a fork in me

I'm sick.  Head cold, sinus infection...whatever it is - it's kicking my royal ass.  I also had some dental work done last week - and today my mouth is throbbing like crazy.  Add to that a trip to the girls doctor to get the flu MIST only to arrive and be told the girls have to have the injection.  And only 1/2 dose.  So we have to go back next month for the other 1/2.  That wasn't fun.  And now they're in bed crying that their 'boo boo still hurts'. 

The doctor also filled out my paperwork for work - and I'll have to be out 4 - 6 weeks.  That's IF the antibiotics work the 1st time and the 2nd round of testing comes back negative.  (The CDC requires 3 negative tests to consider the child negative of the c-diff and no longer contagious). 

With that said - the girls were (and really have been) very good.  Their attitudes are completely different lately.  They seem to be using their words more and more and whining less and less. 

They're doing better with going potty ON the potty and letting me know when they have to go.  They are wearing diapers though because with the diarrhea I don't want them to feel discouraged or upset about having an accident in their big girl underwear. 

The best part of today was later tonight we decided to ditch baths and go for a walk instead.  LB and I took the girls a different way than we usually go and we just ventured further than we anticipated.  What we also didn't anticipate was the torrential downpour that we got caught in!  We all ran (the girls were literally walking with us...no wagon!) to a big tree and hung out there for a minute before we decided to just head back home in the rain.  We didn't get far before Pete showed up with the van to rescue us.  We all jumped in the back, I threw Hannah & Emily in a car seat...no straps - and had Hailey on my lap while LB was sitting on the back of the seat that was folded down.  (We were in the complex...no worries).  But what's REALLY funny is just as Pete started to pull away - the CD player started playing a song that starts with "We all buckle up real tight...."  HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!    It's a song about going for a car ride and making sure you have your seat belts on!  Irony at it's best.   The girls won't remember our walk tonight.  But I will :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment