Monday, September 27, 2010

Mid day post to vent!

So I spent MANY hours getting stool samples from the girls.  MANY.  I had to collect 4 tubes for each child...3 times.  That's a total of 36 tubes of sh*t.  Guess what we found out today?  The lab - Quest Diagnostics - labeled all but 2 with Emily's name!  I labeled each one individually - how the *f* did they mess it up?  I work at a hospital...I know better than to make those kinds of mistakes.  I made their job easy by labeling each one with their name and date of birth.  I had 3 lab slips - one for each child.  I guess the only mistake I made was putting it all in the same bag.  But what the hell am I suppose to do?  I have so much crap to carry that putting things in one bag just makes sense.  I assume that people will do their job and check things MORE THAN ONCE to get it right.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR   So now - I have to collect more shit because they're not sure they even labeled Hannah's & Hailey's right!  (What we're thinking is they labeled all of them with Emily's name, then found the names on them - and realized there were 3 different kids so they just put Hannah's and Hailey's name on whatever one to make it look good).  Lovely huh? 

We brought Pete lunch today and hung out with him for a few.  The girls are still running low grade fevers (hovering around 100).  They're sleeping now - when they wake up we'll be baking orange, pumpkin sugar cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment