Friday, July 1, 2011

What do we do?

What have we been doing in all of our 'free' time?  I wonder this myself sometimes but somehow - time flies.  Monday's and Friday's are set aside for work for me.  I clean on those 2 days (in addition to cleaning on some weekends but it doesn't take long so I'm not away for long).  The great thing is that I don't have to 'clock in/out'.  I get there when I get there...and I leave when I'm finished.  The girls spend time with Pete's parents while I'm working and it's working out very well.  The great thing is not being rushed to get out the door in the morning in addition to getting home early :)

We met a neighbor who has 2 boys.  One is 4 and one is a little more than a year old.  She is amazing and we hit it off pretty quickly.  Her older son asks if his 'friends' can come over all the time and the girls love hanging out at their new friends house because he has cool toys.  We haven't invited them over to play here yet but we will soon. 

There is a splash pad at the park that we walk to all of the time.  That's another great thing about where we live now.  Having the 3 of them in the pool by myself would be impossible this year because they don't know how to swim and they don't know how to be patient either!  But the splash pad offers them TONS of independence and it's PACKED FULL of kids!  However; they don't actually play with the other kids yet.  Actually they get pissed off when the other kids are in their way.  Emily & Hannah just wait their turn but Hailey...boy oh boy.  She is one smart cookie.  She has learned that although mommy doesn't cater to her owl screeching scream - others certainly do!  So if someone is playing where she wants to play she will scream "MOMMY! I WANT TO PLAY HERE AND THERE ARE PEOPLE IN MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!"  It's not a tantrum type of scream...but a scream is a scream right?  And here's the thing - she's NOT talking to me.  She must have done this once expecting ME to make someone move.  But I'm sure that didn't happen...what happened was whoever was in her way moved before I did anything.  Who wants to hear a 3 year old scream about how you're in their way?!?!  Soooooo that's what she does EVERY SINGLE TIME now.  I'm letting this one go.  Eventually she'll come up against someone that has a louder voice than her and won't give in to her.  She'll learn................

We also spend a ton of time out in the yard.  Who knew a yard could be so much fun!?!?  We grill probably 5 out of 7 nights a week too.  We play in the pool, with the hose, on the slide and just have fun. 

The girls help around the house too.  They each make their beds, pick up toys and help set the table when it's time to eat. 

Oh - and their new 'thing' is they want a puppy.  With a bed and a leash.  One day...but I just don't think we're ready yet.  I know I'M not!  And since I'M the one that would get a majority of the responsibility...we're just gonna have to wait.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. I agree on waiting for the puppy. Puppies turn into dogs - and then the kids forget about them and then it's all yours.

    ReplyDelete