Friday, July 22, 2011

Lake fun!

(I'm just going to act like it hasn't been so long since our last post and move right along...).

One thing Pete and I have been wanting to do is take the girls to the beach.  The one day we planned on it....it rained.  It's not a trip I'm willing to take on my own.  I don't think it needs much of an explanation as to why. 

My cousin Jen invited us to her place yesterday where they have a lake not too far from her.  Soooo we jumped on the opportunity to hang out!  OMG IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!  I was full of anxiety about the girls + water + people....I thought it was going to be a pain to keep an eye on them or to even get them in the water.  BUT to my surprise it was the complete opposite!  There wasn't too many people there, the lake water was clear so the girls were happy to get in and with the help of Jen - I was able to RELAX.  The girls were happy to come out to me (in water up to their necks!) and swim back in with some help.  And while they were in shallow water - they were crawling around on their hands with their full body in the water!  For 3 and 1/2 hours they were fish!  We didn't even need buckets and shovels because they were happy just swimming. 

The day wasn't only about swimming either.  Cousin Christopher actually WANTED TO PLAY with the girls.  Rather than parallel play - he was totally interacting with them all day!  It was a super day all around and I'm hoping to go back very very very soon to do this all over again. 

Oh and the girls slept all night - no peeps out of them.  I'm guessing that all that water play tuckered them out.  I know it did me in...I went to bed at 9:00 last night and didn't move until 6:00 this morning.  Ahhhhh what a good nights sleep can do for a mom is truly amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment