Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Compliments

I took the girls to a store today that we hadn't been to before.  It's called The Chalkboard and it's focus is materials for teachers.  We were looking for something very specific that I knew this store would have so rather than having to shop around we went straight to the source.  I must have chosen the perfect day to go because today the store was offering 10% off everything, free raffles every 15 minutes and tons of free stuff on our way out!  We bought 2 things...a border for our newly painted chalkboard wall and a map of the United States.  But we walked out with a ton of stuff.  The store was packed (and it's not a very big store) and the girls were pretty good about using the 'one finger' rule (touch anything you want but with 1 finger only...this eliminates me from saying "don't touch that" 30 million times and gives them the opportunity to explore without breaking).  We were in the store for about 30 minutes...and you can be assured that 30 minutes in a store with 3 kids who have bathing suits on ready to hit the park could be a challenge.  Especially since this was our THIRD stop of the morning.  We had to stop at the school to drop off paperwork, stop at the bank and then The Chalkboard.  Each time the kids get out of the car (our bank doesn't have a drive thru ATM in this town).  On our way to the cash register someone said "Triplets?"  And I though 'great...this was going so well....'  But this time was different because she said to me "I am absolutely amazed!  You would never even know they were in the store because they're so well behaved!"  *BIG cheesy grin from me followed by a "THANKS!"  These are proud mom moments for me.  Because sometimes I forget that they are 3 and there are 3 and I take these moments for granted.  They WERE in fact being good and I was really appreciative that SOMEONE ELSE took the opportunity to tell them that.  It's important for them to hear some positive feedback from people other than myself. 

We did finally make it home to drop off our stuff, hop in the wagon and walk to the park to enjoy some time in sandbox and splash pad.  This was followed by a walk home, lunch, nap and then picnic dinner at the community center. 

Oh and I should just confess now - while 'teaching' the girls the states...I missed the boat on Illinois.  So when they stumble in school - it's because they were 1st taught Idaho, Indiana, Iowa.....

If someone taught ME the states...this wouldn't have been a problem!  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha - where were you in 4th grade when they drilled the states into our heads? Love Chicago! They must learn to add it in. Chicago is fun!!!! Been three times - and look forward to a return.

    Really love the one finger rule! Pretty sure I said that before but worth mentioning again anyway.

    Chalkboard - what a great name for a store - I bet it is packed with cool stuff!!

    ReplyDelete