Monday, June 27, 2011

More funny stuff

Sunday we went to Rose's Berry Farm to have breakfast and then pick raspberries.  LB came along so it was kind cool that each of the girls got some 1/1 time.  We ate more raspberries than we brought home.  It was a really nice day and we all had a lot of fun!

I'm noticing the girls (especially Hannah) becoming more aware that they can 'lie' to get things.  For example: The girls get mints after going potty at Pete's moms house.  When we came home today Hannah said to me "I didn't get any mints at Grandma's so I need a prize now please."  Hmmm...
They're also good for saying that "Daddy said we can _______" or "Mommy said we can__________" when in reality neither one of us had even been asked anything.  I know this is just the start of a very trying time and very fine line.  I know they're exploring and I have to give them space.  But at the same time I don't want them to think it's ok to lie.  Right now I'm just explaining to them what they're doing.  "Hannah - I know you had mints at Grandma's house today.  If you say you didn't - when you really did, that's called lying and we don't do that.  Did you have a mint today?"  "Yes."  "Great! Thanks for telling mommy the truth."  Hindsight I probably should have given her a prize anyway but I didn't.  I don't know why - I think she sidetracked me with something else lol.

And today's funny comment is (per usual) from Emily.  After getting home from being at Pete's parents - I asked Emily where her attitude came from (she was just being miserable).  She replied:
"I just forgot to leave my attitude at Grandma's house." 

No comments:

Post a Comment