Monday, June 6, 2011

Family

June 1st - 3 tornados tore through MA.  I have family in Monson - one of the towns that was hit directly.  So Thursday I drove up there with the girls.  I brought some supplies but had no idea what would be needed.  All I knew was that my cousin, her daughter and my aunt were alive and all ok, no one had power, my aunts street was pretty much non existent any longer and that everyone in the town needed help.  So I brought lots of non parishible food, water, gatorade and some shovels.  Unforuntately I couldn't get to my family.  The streets were unpassible via vehicle and it was too dangerous to walk with the kids.  So I left what I brought at my cousins house (which was fine). 

Friday I still had to drive to VA (I already had a plane ticket to fly back on Sat night and the car needed to get down there).  So I drove to VA, had an awesome visit with my niece and her family down there and then flew back on Sat night. 

Sunday I drove back up to MA to help my aunt pack up her house.  Her house is still standing...barely.  She's one of the lucky ones to be able to have 'things' to retrieve.  But she has to get all of her things and get out - it's restricted access only. 

I'm headed back there today.  More to blog about but for now...I'll just post these pictures:

http://www.boston.com/news/weather/gallery/2011tornado_aerials/?s_campaign=8315

No comments:

Post a Comment