Thursday, April 21, 2011

A week off!

I took a week off from blogging...sorry!  I don't want to fall too far behind because there's too much that would be missed.  The summer is here and we are having a lot of fun!

We took the girls fishing for the 1st time over the weekend.  There was a fishing derby at a nearby park so we headed over there and let the girls fish.  They had fun but it was cold and windy so we caught fish and left!  Hailey caught 2 fish, Hannah caught 1 and Emily got to reel one in (LB was kind enough to catch one and let her have the pole lol).  I think we'll enjoy it more when it's not so cold.

After the fishing derby we came back to the house for some lunch and cake for Andy's bday...Happy Birthday Uncle Annie!!!  (This is really what the girls call him lol).

Mon & Tue I had 5 kids for the day...I SHOULD INDEED have my head examined.  It wasn't really bad actually.  I had my 3 plus Alex & Carl (both of them are 9).  It works out better to have a buddy of the same age so the 2 of them kept each other busy for the time they were here.  Monday we went grocery shopping and then hit up 2 different parks.  Tues we all went to the mall for 4 HOURS.  Needless to say they were all pretty tired by the days end :)

The girls are getting very creative and imaginitve these days.  They very much enjoy making up stories about things that are going on.  For example - at this very moment they are sitting on the bench in the kitchen.  I asked what they're doing and Emily replied "Waiting for the neighbor to come over.  She's taking our picture."  They like to go upstairs and empty the linen closet of all towels and washclothes.  Then they take them all into the hallway so they can 'shower'.  They play doctor, they pretend to have tea parties, they cook and clean and have fun!  This is a very fun age for me to be home with them.  I love that I'm here to see all of this and be part of it with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment