Monday, April 4, 2011

Kite flying & Cousins

Over the weekend we took the girls down to the school yard to fly some kites.  O.M.G. HOW MUCH FUN!  I remember back when I was a kid - kite flying was one of the BEST memories I have of my childhood.  I remember being out in the fields next to where my grandparents lived.  This was one activity I remember always doing with my cousins Kate & Jen and also with my older brother Andrew.  And for some reason I can remember losing kites all of the time!  I think we would let them go by accident and they would end up in the trees. 

So when we took the girls to fly kites it brought back this rush of memories that was so great!  I love that we were so close to our cousins and we spent so much time together.  Both of them are still very close to my heart and I still love spending time with them.  (I'm like a little kid when I know I'm going to visit them....). 

Today - the girls and I headed up to MA to visit with my cousin Jen and her kids (and in a roundabout way her hubby too since he was working from home today).  The girls love hanging out with their cousins and when it was time to leave Emily of course didn't want to go.  I remember that feeling (I have no idea why I remember the actual feeling of having to leave my cousins house when I little but I do).  I have a feeling it's got a lot to do with the fact that my uncles are KIDS and my cousins and I are still KIDS.  I mean...we rode big wheels, went for a swing on the tire swing, and rode on the kid tractor...IN THE HOUSE today.  WE being my cousin and I!  Yeah the kids did too but it's not as much fun just watching :) 

Basically - I love my cousins and I hope that my girls get to have the same kind of friendship with their cousins as I do with mine. 

1 comment: