Tuesday, February 22, 2011

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY!!!

My 'babies' turned 3 today!!!  What a day of fun we had to celebrate too.  Pete took the day off from work and we started the day with little gift bags filled with small goodies for the girls.  They also got to open their new big wheels!  (Which are too big but we'll work on that lol). 

We headed out early and went to Bounce U for some jumpin' fun.  Then it was off to Denny's for birthday breakfast.  After breakfast we headed to the bakery so the girls could each pick out a cupcake for their special day.  Then home to nap and get ready for the family to come over for pizza and cake! 

Just as my mom was leaving we saw there were two packages on the doorstep.  We opened them right away and to the girls surprise it was a gift from their cousin Sofia!  They each got their own doctors dress up outfits!  Along with a beautiful sign that was hand made...and made with love for sure.  So I decided to immediately start a new birthday tradition.  I found a place to hang the sign and each year on their birthday I will take a picture of the girls standing under the sign.  And each year we can see how much they've grown :) 

After the party we gave the girls a bath.  We have another new tradition with that as well.  After they take baths they wrap themselves up in their horse blankets (hand made by my cousin) to keep warm while I dry their hair.  It's so much warmer than a bathrobe!  And much more comfortable too.  I love looking at my babies all snuggled up in their blankets with their hair all wet just waiting for me to blow dry their hair.  I love their wet little noses, little toes, bright eyes and big smiles. 

Happy Birthday my beautiful babies.  Although you're growing up - you'll always be 'my babies' in my heart. 

Today was a good day.  A very good day indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment