Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cousins

Have I mentioned before how much I love my cousins?  I hope the girls really enjoy their cousins as much as I do.  Yesterday we took a trip to go hang out with Daniel and Christopher for the day.  Daniel (who is 13) I thought would just disappear into his room for the day and sleep or play video games.  But he didn't leave us at all!  As a matter of fact - he played with us and hung out with us all day.  Even going outside!  When the girls took a nap - Christopher was watching TV and Daniel and I played a quick game of mad gab (fun game but hard!).  He showed me some hilarious videos on youtube and we started a words with friends game (scrabble on our phones).  He's a pretty cool kid and he's an awesome older brother. 

Christopher and the girls played all day too.  Actually - it was mostly Christopher and Emily playing together while Hannah & Hailey played together.  If Emily walked away from Christopher he would come get her, take her by the hand and say 'Come on!' and off they would go again.  He didn't mind them playing with his toys and he wanted to JOIN them with whatever they were doing!  He didn't take nearly as much down time as he has needed in the past and there was NO FIGHTING ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!  4 toddlers could have easily turned into chaos and a huge headache.  But these kids were amazing.  With Daniel's help I made it through the day with no bumps, bruises, broken bones or lost children.  But I think I enjoyed spending time with Daniel most.  He's a good reminder for me that not all 13 y/o kids are horrible!  LOL 

1 comment:

  1. I believe he thinks your pretty cool too - which is why if he doesn"t start showing me a bit more respect despite how cool he is and the fact that he is an amazing big bother - he may be coming to live with you! Show him how to clean your house, you'll have a live in babysitter and then maybe he'll be happy to come home a treat me with respect for the cool life he leads! Oh wait - I am dreaming he is a 13 yr old I don't believe it's in their brain make up to respect their parents. Sigh, he is a good kid - most days I just have to remind myself when he ignores me and or laughs when I ask him to do something.

    ReplyDelete