Monday, December 27, 2010

SNOW DAY!

Luckily Pete already had today off.  We got a considerable amount of snow finally!  1st real storm of the season.  We took the girls out earlier in the day to play in the snow.  Hannah & Hailey pretty much just complained the whole time that it was cold and windy.  Emily on the other hand was all for it!  She helped me dig out our cars and even helped with a few of the neighbors cars as well.  She had her own 'shubble' and I let her get a bucket of sand to throw down when we were done. 

After their naps - we decided to take them back out and go sledding.  This time they were ALL into it.  But not for very long.  Hannah & Hailey once again pulled out their Diva cards and decided it was too cold and too windy to play.   It was fun while it lasted though :) 

Pete took down all the xmas decorations yesterday - including the tree.  Today - we cleaned up the house, found places for all of their toys and got organized.  It feels great to finally have the house back in order (even if it's only going to last until the girls wake up tomorrow morning). 

Lately the girls have been sleeping very well at night and not waking up until around 7 in the morning.  And what Pete and I have been doing is one of us gets up with them while the other stays in bed for a couple extra hours of sleep.  Then we switch.  So I got up this morning with them but when Pete woke up and came downstairs - I went back to bed for a couple more hours.  It sounds crazy to do but it's been helping me feel better and keeping me more relaxed.  I don't really go back to sleep (how could I with 3 screaming toddlers running around with all these new toys?!?!) but I get to relax. 

Tomorrow Pete is headed back to work.  Depending on how I feel - I might venture out to the mall with the girls.  We'll see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment