Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

What a whirlwind of a few days.  We had plenty of cookies, candy, parties and gifts.  But most of all we had lots of family time. 

We started the holiday with a family xmas party up in MA.  That was amazing this year.  There were so many people that we didn't expect to see and a table set for royals!  The girls had an amazing time playing with their cousins and it was nothing but perfect.

Then came xmas morning.  We had a houseful here as well.  My mother, sister, niece and 2 brothers slept over.  Brother #3 showed up at 6:00am before everyone woke up.  I think he would have slept here too if we had room (he opted for his bed over the living room floor and I sure don't blame him).  All of the adults were wide awake before the kids.  So funny!  I think we were more excited than the kids were. 

Once they were up we all opened tons (too many if there is such a thing) of gifts.  Then we enjoyed the usual fried dough and coffee for breakfast.  Followed by short naps for the girls and then it was off to xmas #3!

We went to Pete's parents for the rest of the afternoon/better part of the evening.  There is always good cooking over there so we ate a ton and enjoyed more family time.

We were suppose to have xmas #4 today but I'm not feeling great.  I think the stress of the holidays finally caught up with me and pulled me down for the day today. 

The girls had SO MANY gifts that we actually kept some stuff for their bday.  It's insane how much stuff they got.  On their absolute favorite list?  If I had to choose top 3 it would be 1: Sticky Post It notes (really...I'm not even kidding - these things are EVERYWHERE!) 2: Little tin banks with Chuck E Cheese coins and 3: their very own Leaptop Laptops (so they can work with Mommy).  This is just today though.  Tomorrow - there will be a new top 3 list and the list will continue to change everyday until they move out and get married. 

Pete took down all of the xmas decorations today so that the kids weren't too confused.  They already woke up this morning and wanted to know why there wasn't anything in their stockings.  I even took their stockings down last night so they weren't hanging up!  I'm not sure they understand the concept of time yet so telling them Santa isn't coming for another year is just way too complex for them. 

Now that the stress of xmas is over...it's time to start planning their 3rd BIRTHDAY!  Yes...my babies are turning 3.................

No comments:

Post a Comment