Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ok Ok Ok!

I get it.  I've been told to dust off the blog.  It's been nice not 'having' to blog every night.  But I always think about it.  I want the girls to be able to read about their whole life when they get older lol.

I quit my job...permanently.  No. More. $. For. Me.  But the work load has quadrupled.  By this I mean - I am a Stay At Home MOM (Mother Of Multiples).  I work harder now than ever before in my life! 

It's been good to be home.  But the wear and tear of no adult contact has had it's effects.  The girls have made some huge progress in terms of attitude and whining (2 things I absolutely can not tolerate).  They are genuinely happy and they are sleeping better as well.  This isn't to say they weren't being taken care of in a great way before.  It's only to say they are on a better schedule (and stricter schedule) and it's working out better for us now

The holidays are here.  And it's a sad year for us.  My dad is gone and won't be here to enjoy the 1st xmas in over 15 years where we've all been together.  By all I mean - my 3 brothers, my sister and myself.  It's been rough.  But with keeping so busy - it takes my mind off things.  I have family - and for that I'm thankful. 

The girls have been (knock on wood) healthy.  They had a rough patch a little while back but they pulled through and so far so good.  Although Hailey has started to have a runny nose today...hope it doesn't turn into much! 

Had surgery on my wrist - still stiff (way stiff) and sore.  But in physical therapy and have a monstrous thing to wear at home a few times a day. 

Having trouble getting my insurance coverage through Pete (one state agency doesn't want to seem to work with another!).  I am only covered thru the end of December so hopefully it'll all get straightened out before then cuz Lord knows my body does some freakish things at the most inconvenient times! 

Potty training sucks so I gave up. 

I'm waiting on a date to have the girls evaluated by our birth-3 program for some speech therapy.  They have their own little language but they also have some hang ups that I want to get taken care of while they're young.  Nothing big...just enough to be concerned about.  Ie:  Stinky Smelly Skunk = Tinky Melly Kunk (notice they drop the S).  But no worries - they sure can say SANTA!  (LOL they drop the consonant when it's followed by another consonant but not when it's followed by a vowel).  I have no idea if it's 'normal' or not but the Birth - 3 program will do an evaluation for free so I'm gonna use my resources. 

Sleep.  There's never enough.  Laundry.  There's always too much.   Balance.  Something I can't find between the 2.  I'll keep working.............

No comments:

Post a Comment